- Savchenko, O. M. and J. B. Braden. “Do Public Benefits of Voluntary Cleanup Programs Justify Their Public Costs? Evidence from the Housing Market in New York”. (Forthcoming). Land Economics.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., and Messer, K.D. “Reclaimed Water and Food Production: Cautionary Tales from Consumer Research.” (2019). Environmental Research, 170: 320-331.
- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “What's in a Name? Branding Reclaimed Water.” (2019). Environmental Research, 172: 384-393.
- Ellison, B., Savchenko, O. M. , Nehrling, E., Nikolaus, C. and B. Duff . “Every Plate Counts: Evaluation of a Food Waste Reduction Campaign in a University Dining Hall. ” (2019). Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 144: 276-284.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., Messer, K.D. and H. Xu. “Fresh Foods Irrigated with Recycled Water: A Framed Field Experiment on Consumer Responses.” (2018). Food Policy, 80: 103-112.
- Savchenko, O. M. and S. Makar. “Derivatives Use in the Partial Hedging of Currency Risk: a Firm- Specific Approach to Understanding the Exchange Rate Exposure Puzzle.” (2010). Journal of Applied Business Research, 26(1): 109-120.
- Savchenko, O. M. and L. Tatikonda. “Crisis in Accounting: Are Accounting Curricula Following the Path of General Motors?” (2010). Management Accounting Quarterly, 11(2):33-45.
WORKING PAPERS & ONGOING RESEARCH
- Savchenko, O. M., Li T., Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. “Does Food Processing Mitigate Consumers’ Concerns about Crops Grown with Recycled Water?” (Revisions Requested). Food Policy.
- Savchenko, O. M. and K. Baylis. “Does Renewable Generation Promote Local Electricity Access? Evidence from Indonesia.”
- Savchenko, O. M., T. Mieno, and J.B. Braden. “The Impact of Time-Varying Unobservables on Hedonic Regression Estimation: Evidence from Foreclosures and Contaminated Land Cleanup in Illinois.”
- Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Using Behavioral Nudges to Reduce Residential Stormwater Runoff.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Palm-Forster, L.H. and K.D. Messer. “Enhancing Farmers’ Adoption of Decision Support Tools to Improve Irrigation Management: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Trial.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. “Economic Experiments in the Classroom: A Problem Based Learning Exercise.”
- Parker, J., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Consumers’ Individual and Group Preferences for Various Drinking Water Types.”
- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Mitigating Stigma of Recycled Water: Celebrity Endorsements, Social Comparisons, and Trophic Levels.”
- Rahman G, R., Palm-Forster L. H., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Reducing Household Nutrient Run-off: Power of Testimonials, Adoption and Sustained Maintenance of Best Management Practices.”