- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. 2021. “Mitigating Stigma Associated with Recycled Water.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Savchenko, O. M., Fleming, P. and K. ZambitoG. 2021. “Four Creeks Farm: Scale up, Diversify or Exit?” Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR), 3 (2): 26-38.
- Savchenko, O. M. and J. B. Braden. 2019. “Do Public Benefits of Voluntary Cleanup Programs Justify Their Public Costs? Evidence from the Housing Market in New York”. Land Economics, 95: 369-390.
- Savchenko, O. M., Li, T. Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “Does Food Processing Mitigate
Consumers’ Concerns about Crops Grown with Recycled Water?” Food Policy, 88, 101748.
- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “What's in a Name? Branding Reclaimed Water.” Environmental Research, 172: 384-393.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., and Messer, K.D. 2019. “Reclaimed Water and Food Production: Cautionary Tales from Consumer Research.” Environmental Research, 170: 320-331.
- Ellison, B., Savchenko, O. M. , Nehrling, E., Nikolaus, C. and B. Duff . 2019. “Every Plate Counts: Evaluation of a Food Waste Reduction Campaign in a University Dining Hall. ” Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 144: 276-284.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., Messer, K.D. and H. Xu. 2018. “Fresh Foods Irrigated with Recycled Water: A Framed Field Experiment on Consumer Responses.” Food Policy, 80: 103-112.
PAPERS IN REVIEW
- Fleming, P. and O. M. Savchenko. “Intention versus Action: Household Adoption of Best Management Practices for Water Quality.” Revisions Requested. Water Resources Research.
- Paul, L., Kecinski, M, Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Nudge or Sludge? An Experimental Game Illustrating How Misunderstood Scientific Information Can Change Consumer Behavior” Revisions Requested. Applied Economics Teaching Resources.
- Meiselman, B., Weigel, C., Ferraro, P., Masters, M., Messer, K., Savchenko, O. M., and J. Suter. “Lottery incentives, private information, and public resource management: Evidence from the Agricultural Data Reporting Incentive Program (AgDRIP).” Revisions Requested. Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Savchenko, O. M. Rahman G, R., Lusi Xie, Palm-Forster L. H., and K.D. Messer. “Encouraging Pro-environmental Behavior: Do Testimonials by Experts Work?” Submitted.
- Ellis S., Savchenko, O.M. and KD Messer. “Recruitment of a Nationally Representative Online Sample for an Economic Experiment: Challenges and Insights.” Submitted.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Fleming, P. and O. M. Savchenko. “The Effect of Transaction Costs on Adoption of Residential Stormwater Runoff Best Management Practices.”
- Fleming, P., Savchenko, O. M. and L. Palm-Forster. “When does Stated Preference Become Real? Comparing Hypothetical Bias Mitigation Techniques with Revealed Preference Outcomes.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Prince, C. and J. Leary. “Public Preferences for Management of Aquatic Invasive Species in Florida Waters.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Davidson, K. and J. Bernard. “Changes in Consumption of Sustainable Protein during COVID-19 Pandemic.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Davidson, K. and J. Bernard. “Cell-based Fish Consumption: Consumer Preferences and Policy Implications.”