- Ellis, S. F., Savchenko, O.M. and K. Messer. 2023. Is a Non-Representative Convenience Sample Good Enough? Insights from an Economic Experiment. Journal of the Economic Science Association. (Accepted).
- Collison, K., Vought, K., Rajan, A., Savchenko, O.M., Davidson, K. and J. Bernard. 2023. Fishing for Sustainable Alternatives: Cell-cultured fish. Choices.
- Ellis, S. F., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. 2022. “Mitigating Stigma Associated with Recycled Water.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 104(3), 1077-1099.
- Fleming, P. M. and O. M. Savchenko. 2022. “Intention Versus Action: Household Adoption of Best Management Practices for Water Quality.” Water Resources Research, 58(7), e2021WR029684.
- Meiselman, B., Weigel, C., Ferraro, P., Masters, M., Messer, K. D., Savchenko, O.M. and J.F. Suter. 2022. “Lottery Incentives, Citizen Science, and Resource Management: Evidence from the Agricultural Data Reporting Incentive Program (AgDRIP).” Environmental and Resource Economics, 82(4), 847-867.
- Paul, L., Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. 2022. “Nudge or Sludge? An Experimental Game Illustrating How Misunderstood Scientific Information Can Change Consumer Behavior.” Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR), 4(1), 34-43. 10.22004/ag.econ.320046
- Savchenko, O. M., Fleming, P. and K. Zambito. 2021. “Four Creeks Farm: Scale up, Diversify or Exit?” Applied Economics Teaching Resources (AETR), 3 (2): 26-38.
- Savchenko, O. M. and J. B. Braden. 2019. “Do Public Benefits of Voluntary Cleanup Programs Justify Their Public Costs? Evidence from the Housing Market in New York”. Land Economics, 95: 369-390.
- Savchenko, O. M., Li, T. Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “Does Food Processing Mitigate
Consumers’ Concerns about Crops Grown with Recycled Water?” Food Policy, 88, 101748.
- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “What's in a Name? Branding Reclaimed Water.” Environmental Research, 172: 384-393.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., and Messer, K.D. 2019. “Reclaimed Water and Food Production: Cautionary Tales from Consumer Research.” Environmental Research, 170: 320-331.
- Ellison, B., Savchenko, O. M. , Nehrling, E., Nikolaus, C. and B. Duff . 2019. “Every Plate Counts: Evaluation of a Food Waste Reduction Campaign in a University Dining Hall. ” Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 144: 276-284.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., Messer, K.D. and H. Xu. 2018. “Fresh Foods Irrigated with Recycled Water: A Framed Field Experiment on Consumer Responses.” Food Policy, 80: 103-112.
PAPERS IN REVIEW
- Savchenko, O.M., Botta R., Koenekeg, R., Hilsenroth, J., Grogan, K., Harris, H., and C. Court. (2023). Valuing Coastal Fisheries and Seagrasses: A Case Study of Estuarine Resources on Florida’s Nature Coast. (In Review).
- Savchenko, O.M., Palm-Forster, L., Xie, L., Rahman, R., and K.D. Messer. (2023) "Encouraging pro-environmental behavior: Do testimonials by experts work." (Revise & Resubmit).
- Bandara, P., Overdevest, C., Savchenko, O.M., and Monroe, M. Role of Metaphors in Communicating the Threat of Climate Change: An Experimental Study on Climate. (2023). (Revise & Resubmit)
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Fleming, P. and O. M. Savchenko. “The Effect of Transaction Costs on Adoption of Residential Stormwater Runoff Best Management Practices.”
- Fleming, P., Savchenko, O. M. and L. Palm-Forster. “When does Stated Preference Become Real? Comparing Hypothetical Bias Mitigation Techniques with Revealed Preference Outcomes.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Prince, C. and J. Leary. “Public Preferences for Management of Aquatic Invasive Species in Florida Waters.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Davidson, K. and J. Bernard. “Changes in Consumption of Sustainable Protein during COVID-19 Pandemic.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Davidson, K. and J. Bernard. “Cell-based Fish Consumption: Consumer Preferences and Policy Implications.”