- Savchenko, O. M. and J. B. Braden. 2019. “Do Public Benefits of Voluntary Cleanup Programs Justify Their Public Costs? Evidence from the Housing Market in New York”. Land Economics, 95: 369-390.
- Savchenko, O. M., Li, T. Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “Does Food Processing Mitigate
Consumers’ Concerns about Crops Grown with Recycled Water?” Food Policy, 88, 101748.
- Ellis, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. 2019. “What's in a Name? Branding Reclaimed Water.” Environmental Research, 172: 384-393.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., and Messer, K.D. 2019. “Reclaimed Water and Food Production: Cautionary Tales from Consumer Research.” Environmental Research, 170: 320-331.
- Ellison, B., Savchenko, O. M. , Nehrling, E., Nikolaus, C. and B. Duff . 2019. “Every Plate Counts: Evaluation of a Food Waste Reduction Campaign in a University Dining Hall. ” Resources, Conservation & Recycling, 144: 276-284.
- Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M., Li T., Messer, K.D. and H. Xu. 2018. “Fresh Foods Irrigated with Recycled Water: A Framed Field Experiment on Consumer Responses.” Food Policy, 80: 103-112.
WORKING PAPERS & ONGOING RESEARCH
- Fleming, P. and O. M. Savchenko. “Intention versus Action: Household Adoption of Best Management Practices for Water Quality.” Under Review.
- Ellis G, S., Savchenko, O. M. and K.D. Messer. “Mitigating Stigma on Recycled Water: Aquifer Recharge and Trophic Levels.” Under Review.
- Meiselman, B., Weigel, C., Ferraro, P., Masters, M., Messer, K., Savchenko, O., and Suter, J. “Lottery incentives, private information, and public resource management: Evidence from the Agricultural Data Reporting Incentive Program (AgDRIP).” Under Review.
- Savchenko, O. M. and K. Baylis. “Does Renewable Generation Promote Local Electricity Access? Evidence from Indonesia.”
- Savchenko, O. M., T. Mieno, and J.B. Braden. “The Impact of Time-Varying Unobservables on Hedonic Regression Estimation: Evidence from Foreclosures and Contaminated Land Cleanup in Illinois.”
- Paul, L., Savchenko, O. M., Kecinski, M. and K.D. Messer. “Nudge or Sludge? An Experimental Game Illustrating How Misunderstood Scientific Information Can Change Consumer Behavior.”
- Savchenko, O. M., Parker, J. and K.D. Messer. “Consumers’ Individual and Group Preferences for Various Drinking Water Types.”